Monday, June 1, 2009

Troubleshooting

As well as writing about the basics of twin feeding, I'll blog about some of the problems I've had. This isn't to scare you! Many twin mothers have no problems at all during breastfeeding. Others, like me, have had to deal with other breastfeeding issues as well as learning to feed twins. So I'll also be blogging about how to breastfeed with a baby with severe reflux, what I did when they had surgery, what I am trying to do while they are unsettled and don't sleep at the same time, issues related to them being premature (most twins are!), and having low birth weights. I am also dealing with dermatitis, have had nipple thrush and have other health problems. So while it hasn't been smooth sailing at all, it has been possible to keep going so far. Now the girls are 4 months, and feeding is starting to get easier for all of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment